Two people escape after grease fire destroys home in Moyock

[courtesy Moyock Volunteer Fire Department]

Two people escaped unhurt after a grease fire Monday in the kitchen destroyed their home in the Carolina Village neighborhood of Moyock.

Crews from the Moyock Volunteer Fire Department were called to the 100 block of Woodhouse Road at 5:58 p.m. to a single-wide trailer that was fully involved when they arrived, according to Deputy Chief George Thiess.

No one was injured in the fire. The two residents were displaced but did not require assistance from the American Red Cross, Thiess said.

Also responding were personnel from the Crawford Volunteer Fire Department, Currituck County Fire/EMS and Navy Region Mid-Atlantic from Northwest.