As temperatures continue to drop exponentially, the Town of Kill Devil Hills is offering residents and visitors a variety of tips to stay in the know during the process of keeping warm:
- Snow or ice totals can vary greatly over short distances. A heavy snow band may form, dropping more snow in one location while significantly less snow falls just a few miles away.
- Winter forecasts can change frequently. Forecasts may change as new model data becomes available. Always check https://www.weather.gov/mhx/ for the latest information.
- Focus more on the winter storm’s impacts. Don’t focus too much on exact numbers, and consider the full range of possibilities.
- Know your winter weather terminology. If a Watch is issued, get prepared for hazardous weather. If a Warning or Advisory is issued, take action – hazardous weather is occuring or will occur soon.
- Rely on dependable sources for weather info.