Plunge however you want, whenever you want! Special Olympics Dare County is inviting you to “find your freeze” and take the plunge in your own way.
- Plunge into a pool
- Dump a bottle of frigid water over your head
- Run through sprinklers
- Play with a super soaker
But however you Plunge in Place, you are doing it to help support Special Olympics Dare County athletes.
Co-coordinator Sandy Pace with Special Olympics Dare County was our guest on OBX Today on News Talk 92.3 WZPR to preview the Polar Plunge she’ll be taking with our Lisa Brickhouse and Jody O’Donnell, along with a group of others on Tuesday at 3 p.m. at Jennette’s Pier.
To take the plunge, you only need to raise $50. That’s it.
Here’s how it works:
- Fundraise throughout January and February
- Record yourself Plunging in your own way
- During Plunge Week (February 21-26) share your Plunge on Social Media with #findyourfreeze or send it to [email protected]
- Tune in to the LIVE Plunge Celebration on February 27th.
If you don’t want to Plunge with us you can sponsor an athlete or make a donation to Special Olympics Dare County.
To learn more or to sign up, visit: www.ncplungeinplace.com click on register to participate and then find the Dare County team listed at Special Olympics Dare County and register to be part of our team.
You can contact Sandy Pace at [email protected] or 252-475-5625 for more information.
This story originally appeared on OBXToday.com. Read More local stories here.