While Dare County Schools are closed due to the coronavirus, the district will be providing free breakfast and lunch to-go for all county children, not just students.
Breakfast pickup is available from 7:45-8:45 am. Lunch pickup at all locations is from 11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. There will be “pickup and go” kiosks at each site. Any child who lives in Dare County, from 0 to 18, can receive hot meals until further notice. There is no cost to students.
The meals will be available for pickup at the following locations:
- Manteo Elementary School
- Cape Hatteras Elementary School
- First Flight Elementary School
- Wanchese, Bethany United Methodist Church
- Manteo, Roanoke Community Center (Head Start)
- Stumpy Point, Community Center
- Manns Harbor, Fire Department
- East Lake, Community Center
- Nags Head, Tanger Outlet & Dowdy Park
- Kill Devil Hills, Belk Center
- Kitty Hawk, Daniels Home Import & Kitty Hawk Elementary
- Avon, Food Lion
- Tri-Villages, Community Building
- Buxton, Cape Hatteras Elementary
- Hatteras Village, Civil Center
- Colington, TJ’s Gas & Grill
“Many, many thanks to our community partners! Also “3 cheers” to our Director of Child Nutrition, Ms. Kelleta Govan and our Director of Transportation, Mr. Alex Chandler who have led up this incredible effort!” Dare County Schools Superintendent John Farrelly said in a statement,
This story originally appeared on OBXToday.com. Read More local stories here.