Two men were seriously hurt after suffering an electrical shock Monday while working on the exterior of a house in lower Currituck County.
Currituck Fire-EMS and Lower Currituck Volunteer Fire Department crews were dispatched to the 100 block of Michael Street in the Colonial Beach neighborhood near Powells Point at 11:53 a.m.
The pair were removing a pole from scaffolding when it inadvertently contacted an energized power line, according to Currituck Fire-EMS Chief Ralph “Chip” Melton.
Melton said the pair were airlifted by Nightingale and Dare Medflight medical helicopters to Sentara Norfolk General Hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
This story originally appeared on OBXToday.com. Read More local stories here.
Be the first to comment