Overheated HVAC unit sends smoke into Nags Head restaurant

Firefighters head to the roof to check for the source of the smoke. [courtesy Nags Head Fire & Rescue/Facebook]

An overheated heat and air unit on the roof was to blame for sending smoke into a restaurant at the Outer Banks Mall in Nags Head Friday afternoon.

Nags Head firefighters were called to Yellow Submarine at 12:11 p.m., after smoke was reported coming from an air conditioning vent.

“After securing the HVAC system, smoke was then cleared from inside the structure,” the fire department said in a Facebook post. “Thanks to all automatic aide response units. Great job by all.”

No injuries were reported.

This story originally appeared on OBXToday.com. Read More local stories here.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.